Travel Tour 2 - Port Resolution / Shark Bay Trip.
[Updated 30th September 2016]
Port Resolution - One of the most idyllic places to visit. You just have to stop and take it all in ........
Travel Tour Overview from Esso's Nima:
• Leaving by about 8.30am, travel via 4WD over unsealed roads through the central Tanna highlands, various stops are made to view spectacular outlooks of both Yasur Volcano and the the east Tanna coastline. Passing the Ash plains the opportunity is taken atvarious vantage points along the Ash Plain itself to view Mount Yasuer and its surrounding panorama.
• Travellers continue along an extremely rugged road to the Main bay of the inner Port Resolution Harbour. Here, you will be met by the local village elder and will be provided a guide to view the volcanic fumaroles along the northern arm of the Port resolution Harbour ( village fee included). You will be shown various natural springs along the inner beach and after a short trek will be taken to the more rugged outer coast on this arm. If rough seas have not swept away the main ladder down to the waters edge you will climb down to experience and view the unpredicatable seafront fumaroles which can spout very vigourously.
• On your return, you will be taken through the main village located at Port Resolution, and along to the fantastic oceanside white beach for lunch. Here you will enjoy a seaside lunch of either :-
• After lunch enjoy an hour on the beach, relax or take in a swim. Or just take time to walk down its extensive length.
• Back in the 4WD carry on down tracks until you come to Shark Bay, where you view a boisterous and wild bay from an elevated vantage point, best no later than early to mid afternoon to ensure that the water is not shielded from the sun. View Sharks, which come in large numbers into the bay especially during the cooler months of the year, for the warmth caused by underwater hot water spouts located in the bay. While you may need to watch for a while, visitors are rarely disappointed.
• Walk along an outcropping to view Captain Cook Rock which is situated in an adjacent bay.
• Return for a fairly long return trip back to Tanna Adventures accommodation.
Added Overview Travelling from the Whitegrass Coast :
• If the tour is taken from any of the accommodation along the whitegrass coast, then approximately 1 hour can be added to the tour time (half an hour each way).
Port Resolution / Shark Bay - Travel Timeframe:
• Approximate timeframe is 6.5 -8.0 hours from leaving Esso's accommodation until return. This depends on road conditions, weather and the activity of Mt Yasur itself.
• Approximate travel time by 4WD from Esso's Nima to Port Resolution is 2.0-2.5 hours ( each way).
• Approximate time at Port Resolution thermal Area is 1.0 hour.
• Lunch will take between 0.5 -0.75 hour depending on wether you opt for the picnic or Restaurant lunch.
• Time spent at the oceanside beach is approx 1.0 hour.
Ways to Book Tanna Island Tours & Walks.
Check out our 'no obligation' Personalized Booking Service which will give you a number of personalized options from us, to suit your requirements. Click the buttom below to be taken to our booking queries page.
If you would like to know about our booking process, and all the options which are available to you - have a look at our Making a Booking Guide.
Tour Rates - Port Resolution / Shark Bay.
Tour rates are in Vanuatu Vatu for the following Participant numbers. You will pay the rate in Vatu as shown - the displayed amount in AU$ is indiicative (* see below) and the actual rate will be based on the exchange rate at the time of booking.
Please note that the Single Participant rate applies if there is only one person in the Vehicle ( person must be over 18 yrs old). If a single traveller does the tour when there are other Participants, then the rate will reduce to that of the two or more Participant rate. The Single Rate applies due to the extremely high running costs of Vehicles on Tanna Island.
• ONLINE BOOKINGS - Rates specified in table below apply. A deposit of is required at the time of booking, with the balance paid in Vatu (Cash) to Esso at the time of departure.
• CASUAL (IMPROMPTU, NON-ONLINE) BOOKINGS - Rates specified in table below PLUS a 15% surcharge apply. Full payment rquired in Vatu (Cash) to Esso at the time of departure.
• TOUR START/FINISH POINT - Rates apply from Departures from Esso and Rachel's accommodation, or from Whitegrass Coast near to Tanna Airport ( and including Evergreen or Whitegrass Accommodation's). Other localities may incur additional pickup/dropoff costs).
|- per Adult.||[18 yrs and older]||Vatu||18,050||(AU$||241.00)|
|TWO OR MORE
PARTICIPANTS ON TOUR.
|- per Adult.||[13 yrs and older with
adult 18yr or older]
|- per Child.||[12 yrs and under]||Vatu||
|- per Infant.||[2 yrs and under]||Vatu||
* Approximate equivalent rates are given in Australian Dollars to provides prospective guests with an FX comparision. Australian FX Rates given here are per Average of ANZ Bank and Westpac Bank Published Rate Dated 30th September 2016 ( 1 AU$ = 74.95 Vatu).