Travel Tour 3 - MT YASUR - THE BIG DAY OUT TOUR.
[Updated 12th April 2017]
MT YASUR VOLCANO - THE BIG DAY OUT TOUR - An amazing day that will never be equalled ........
The 'Big Day Out' is the most popular Tour that we do, and is simply what it says .... a big day out.
Travel Tour Overview from Esso's Nima:
• Travel Tour 2 - Port Resolution / Shark Bay normally starts at about 8.30am in the morning. This is to get the best viewing of Shark Bay and to time lunch at Port Resolution.
A number of vantage points along the way so that you get a good view of the landscape.
An explore of the Ash Plain (old lakebed ) around Mt Yasur Volcano. You go past Mt Yasur and can climb part way up one of the spurs of the mountain.
A visit to Port Resolution and the geothermal area there. The village does a tour there which covers all the features.
A swim at a beautiful white sandy beach at port resolution, which i think is outstanding and remarkable as alot of the other beaches on Tanna are black sand. Lunch at either a Restaurant at the white beach or at the Port Resolution Yatch Club ( a great experience, but remember that these are basic island establishments).
Travel on to shark bay where sharks are drawn in to the the warm water due to a number of volcanic springs there.
Onto Mt Yasur itself by mid to late afternoon and stay there through dusk until after dark.
Ways to Book Tanna Island Tours & Walks.
Check out our 'no obligation' Personalized Booking Service which will give you a number of personalized options from us, to suit your requirements. Click the buttom below to be taken to our booking queries page.
If you would like to know about our booking process, and all the options which are available to you - have a look at our Making a Booking Guide.
Tour Rates - MT YASUR - BIG DAY OUT TOUR.
Tour rates are in Vanuatu Vatu for the following Participant numbers. You will pay the rate in Vatu as shown - the displayed amount in AU$ is indiicative (* see below) and the actual rate will be based on the exchange rate at the time of booking.
Please note that the Single Participant rate applies if there is only one person in the Vehicle ( person must be over 18 yrs old). If a single traveller does the tour when there are other Participants, then the rate will reduce to that of the two or more Participant rate. The Single Rate applies due to the extremely high running costs of Vehicles on Tanna Island.
• ONLINE BOOKINGS - Rates specified in table below apply. A deposit of is required at the time of booking, with the balance paid in Vatu (Cash) to Esso at the time of departure.
• CASUAL (IMPROMPTU, NON-ONLINE) BOOKINGS - Rates specified in table below PLUS a 15% surcharge apply. Full payment rquired in Vatu (Cash) to Esso at the time of departure.
• TOUR START/FINISH POINT - Rates apply from Departures from Esso and Rachel's accommodation, or from Whitegrass Coast near to Tanna Airport ( and including Evergreen or Whitegrass Accommodation's). Other localities may incur additional pickup/dropoff costs)
|- per Adult.||[18 yrs and older]||Vatu||30,200||(AU$||398.00)|
|TWO OR MORE
PARTICIPANTS ON TOUR.
|- per Adult.||[13 yrs and older with
adult 18yr or older]
|- per Child.||[ 5yrs - 12 yrs ]||Vatu||
|- per Infant.||[5 yrs and under]||Vatu||
Important Note : Mt Yasur itself is managed by a Government appointed organisation, who also sets the entrance fees. As of 1st April 2016 they increased the entrance fee per person by 124% for the year 1st April 2016 until 31st March 2017. The administrators have further increased the entrance fee on top of those imposed in 2016 by 40% as at 1st April 2017, and we understand that these are to apply until 31st March 2018. The charges are across the board and affect everyone who enters the facility - we are sorry for the imposition of the increased fees, which are beyond our control.
* Approximate equivalent rates are given in Australian Dollars to provides prospective guests with an FX comparision. Australian FX Rates given here are per Average of ANZ Bank and Westpac Bank Published Rate Dated 12th April 2017 ( 1 AU$ = 75.80 Vatu).