Travel Tour 4 - Blue Cave Trip.
[Updated 12th April 2017]
The Blue Cave - A seaside excursion 'picture framing' the Tanna coast and its beaches ........
Travel Tour Overview from Esso's Nima:
• Two departures per day occur, except Saturday when no tours take place, Generally, tours would start either at 9.00am or later at 1.00 pm.
• Travel from Esso's Tanna Adventures Accommodation down to the Whitegrass coast.
• Board your board for a 1 hour trip along the Northwestern coast enjoying the landscape along the seashore, along with villages and outrigger canoes out fishing.
• Arrive at and anchor off the Point where the Blue Cave is located. Put on snorkel gear provided and swim to the entrance of the cave. The depth of the cave entrance varies depending on the tides, being about a metre down at full tide and with the top of the entrance almost level with the water at low tide.
• Enjoy about an hour at and around the Cave.
• Return to the starting point and travel back to Esso's Nima accommodation to relax for the rest of the day.
Less Travelling time from the Whitegrass Coast :
• If the tour is taken from any of the accommodation along the whitegrass coast, then approximately 1 hour can be taken off to the tour time (half an hour each way).
Blue Cave Travel Timeframe:
• Approximate timeframe is 4 hours from leaving Esso's Nima until return. This depends on road and weather conditions.
• The boatride to and from the Blue Cave is approximately 1.o hour.
•Time spent at the Blue Cave is approximately 1.0 Hour.
Ways to Book Tanna Island Tours & Walks.
Check out our 'no obligation' Personalized Booking Service which will give you a number of personalized options from us, to suit your requirements. Click the buttom below to be taken to our booking queries page.
If you would like to know about our booking process, and all the options which are available to you - have a look at our Making a Booking Guide.
Tour Rates - The Blue Cave.
Tour rates are in Vanuatu Vatu for the following Participant numbers. You will pay the rate in Vatu as shown - the displayed amount in AU$ is indiicative (* see below) and the actual rate will be based on the exchange rate at the time of booking.
Please note that the Single Participant rate applies if there is only one person in the Vehicle ( person must be over 18 yrs old). If a single traveller does the tour when there are other Participants, then the rate will reduce to that of the two or more Participant rate. The Single Rate applies due to the extremely high running costs of Vehicles on Tanna Island.
• ONLINE BOOKINGS - Rates specified in table below apply. A deposit of is required at the time of booking, with the balance paid in Vatu (Cash) to Esso at the time of departure.
• CASUAL (IMPROMPTU, NON-ONLINE) BOOKINGS - Rates specified in table below PLUS a 15% surcharge apply. Full payment rquired in Vatu (Cash) to Esso at the time of departure.
• TOUR START/FINISH POINT - Rates apply from Departures from Esso and Rachel's accommodation, or from Whitegrass Coast near to Tanna Airport ( and including Evergreen or Whitegrass Accommodation's). Other localities may incur additional pickup/dropoff costs).
|- per Adult.||[18 yrs and older]||Vatu||11,200||(AU$||148.00)|
|TWO OR MORE
PARTICIPANTS ON TOUR.
|- per Adult.||[13 yrs and older with
adult 18yr or older]
|- per Child.||[5 yrs - 12 yrs ]||Vatu||
|- per Infant.||[5 yrs and under]||Vatu||
Important Note : The "Blue Cave" is owned by "Kastom" owners, who also sets the entrance fees. As of 1st April 2017 they increased the entrance fee per person by 100% for the year 1st April 2017, and we understand that these are to apply until 31st March 2018. The charges are across the board and affect everyone who enters the facility - we are sorry for the imposition of the increased fees, which are beyond our control.
* Approximate equivalent rates are given in Australian Dollars to provides prospective guests with an FX comparision. Australian FX Rates given here are per Average of ANZ Bank and Westpac Bank Published Rate Dated 12th April 2017 ( 1 AU$ = 75.80 Vatu).