Travel Tour 5 - BlackmanTown.
[Updated 12th April 2017]
BlackmanTown. - visit a remote island Village Capital and its surrounding coastline, where 'Man Tanna' still dominate commerce and do things their way ........
'Black man Town' or the Lenakel excursion, starts with a ride along the beach road to see the dugouts (surprising how many), and then on to the Food Markets which only occur on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. If possible the tour has a look at an old broken down missionary church, following which you and have lunch in town ( meals for about Vt350) which are a real experience served on enamel plates etc ( I have done this a good number of times times and not had any stomach upsets whatever) . We also include a look at one of the coffee factories, if they are open, along with anything else which may be of interest.
Travel Tour Overview from Esso's Nima:
• leaving by about 8.30am, after a tropical breakfast, travel via 4WD over unsealed roads down to the West Coast from Middlebush, where Rachel and Esso are located.
• On the way down over the whitegrass plains, see the extensive views out over the eastern seaboard. At the coast, divert into the bush and travel along the coast seeing the many dugouts, and various settlemts along the beach front.
• Get to the food market to have a look at the extensive tropical fruit and vegetables that are grown. Tanna Island, possessing a highlands region with thick volcanic soil, and ample rainfall, enables just abouty anything to be grown.
• Enjoy a basic meal in town served on enamel plates - full of flavour. Experience restaurant food ..... remote island style.
• If combining this tour along with the Giant Bayan Trip, or 'kastom village' this would be done at this point.
Blackmantown Trip Travel Timeframe:
• Approximate time frame is about 3-4 hours
• Approximate travel time by 4WD from Esso's Nima to Blackmantown is 45minutes to 1 hour depending on what there is to see along the way ( beach and coffee etc).
• Approximate time in Blackmantown 1-2 hours, with luch being about another 30 minutes.
• Other combined tours are obviously extra in time.
Ways to Book Tanna Island Tours & Walks.
Check out our 'no obligation' Personalized Booking Service which will give you a number of personalized options from us, to suit your requirements. Click the buttom below to be taken to our booking queries page.
If you would like to know about our booking process, and all the options which are available to you - have a look at our Making a Booking Guide.
Tour Rates - BlackmanTown Tour.
Tour rates are in Vanuatu Vatu for the following Participant numbers. You will pay the rate in Vatu as shown - the displayed amount in AU$ is indiicative (* see below) and the actual rate will be based on the exchange rate at the time of booking.
Please note that the Single Participant rate applies if there is only one person in the Vehicle ( person must be over 18 yrs old). If a single traveller does the tour when there are other Participants, then the rate will reduce to that of the two or more Participant rate. The Single Rate applies due to the extremely high running costs of Vehicles on Tanna Island.
• ONLINE BOOKINGS - Rates specified in table below apply. A deposit of is required at the time of booking, with the balance paid in Vatu (Cash) to Esso at the time of departure.
• CASUAL (IMPROMPTU, NON-ONLINE) BOOKINGS - Rates specified in table below PLUS a 15% surcharge apply. Full payment rquired in Vatu (Cash) to Esso at the time of departure.
• TOUR START/FINISH POINT - Rates apply from Departures from Esso and Rachel's accommodation, or from Whitegrass Coast near to Tanna Airport ( and including Evergreen or Whitegrass Accommodation's). Other localities may incur additional pickup/dropoff costs).
|- per Adult.||[18 yrs and older]||Vatu||4,700||(AU$||62.00)|
|TWO OR MORE
PARTICIPANTS ON TOUR.
|- per Adult.||[13 yrs and older with
adult 18yr or older]
|- per Child.||[5 yrs - 12 yrs ]||Vatu||
|- per Infant.||[5 yrs and under]||Vatu||
Please Note : The "Giant Banyan" is an add-on to "Blackmantown". If you would like to include this as a part of this tour, please ask."
* Approximate equivalent rates are given in Australian Dollars to provides prospective guests with an FX comparision. Australian FX Rates given here are per Average of ANZ Bank and Westpac Bank Published Rate Dated 12th April 2017 ( 1 AU$ = 75.80 Vatu).