Inspiring Walk 5 - Central Highlands Cascades.
[Updated 12th April 2017]
An encounter with unspoilt jungle pools and cascades, located deep in the highlands of Tanna Island.
The Central Highlands Cascades is a series of Pools and Cascades located in the Central highlands amongst dense tropical rainforest. The Local village has developed some clearance and pathways to allow travellers to walk around and through the bush to view, enjoy and swim in the pools.
The reality is that just getting there is half the fun and experience. While there is a semi-cleared pathway leading into the cascades, for vehicles to pass along, this is covered in long grass and the track actually weaves and winds around trees and large clumps. If you are in the tray of the 4WD, its a great way to see dense tropical bush.
As an alternative, you are able to be dropped off with a guide at the main road near a walking track which takes you down a different way to the cascades - no more than an hour (picked up afterwards at the cascades).
Inspiring Walk Overview from Esso's Nima:
• The total time is about 2-3 hours depending on how you do it and what you do while you are there. As it is quite close to Rachel and Esso's it takes about half an hour by vehicle to get there (and the same back obviously).
• There is the possibility of having a lunch of river prawns at the cascades, but this would need to be arranged beforehand.
Added Overview Travelling from the Whitegrass Coast :
• If the tour is taken from any of the accommodation along the whitegrass coast, then approximately 1 hour can be added to the tour time (half an hour each way), for transport to the location and back to you accommodation on the whitegrass coast.
Ways to Book Tanna Island Tours & Walks.
Check out our 'no obligation' Personalized Booking Service which will give you a number of personalized options from us, to suit your requirements. Click the buttom below to be taken to our booking queries page.
If you would like to know about our booking process, and all the options which are available to you - have a look at our Making a Booking Guide.
Walk Rates - Central Highlands Cascades.
Walk rates are in Vanuatu Vatu for the following Participant numbers. You will pay the rate in Vatu as shown - the displayed amount in AU$ is indiicative (* see below) and the actual rate will be based on the exchange rate at the time of booking.
Please note that the Single Participant rate applies if there is only one person on the Walk ( person must be over 18 yrs old). If a single traveller does the tour when there are other Participants, then the rate will reduce to that of the two or more Participant rate.
• ONLINE BOOKINGS - Rates specified in table below apply. A deposit of is required at the time of booking, with the balance paid in Vatu (Cash) to Esso at the time of departure.
• CASUAL (IMPROMPTU, NON-ONLINE) BOOKINGS - Rates specified in table below PLUS a 15% surcharge apply. Full payment rquired in Vatu (Cash) to Esso at the time of departure.
• TOUR START/FINISH POINT - Rates apply from Departures from Esso and Rachel's accommodation. Other localities incur additional pickup/dropoff costs.
|- per Adult.||[18 yrs and older]||Vatu||3,500||(AU$||47.00)|
|TWO OR MORE
PARTICIPANTS ON TOUR.
|- per Adult.||[13 yrs and older with
adult 18yr or older]
|- per Child.||[5 yrs - 12 yrs ]||Vatu||
|- per Infant.||[2 yrs and under]||Vatu||
* Approximate equivalent rates are given in Australian Dollars to provides prospective guests with an FX comparision. Australian FX Rates given here are per Average of ANZ Bank and Westpac Bank Published Rate Dated 12th April 2017 ( 1 AU$ = 75.80 Vatu).